I’m still following the Leptin Rx protocol, but I have to admit, I’m feeling a tad bit discouraged lately. Maybe poor mood is a symptom of my hypothalamus remapping itself and becoming a highly sensitive and well-functioning organ, just like the day I was born!
And now for today’s good/bad segment…
- No hunger/cravings. Don’t care much about eating.
- Relief from being thirsty – I went over to Dr. K’s site to look for answers. Here’s what he says in the comments of the “My Leptin Rx” post:
When you reset the hypothalamus it can effect our serum and urine osmolarity too for period. Most people usually complain of higher thirst.
And later, in response to a guy who felt he was drinking too much water:
…you need to drink water at 40 degrees…….all the time.
Over on the Leptin Rx FAQs post, in the comments, someone asks, “I have been having a problem with extreme thirst. No matter how much I drink, I feel thirsty and my tongue feels thick and sour.” His response:
big thirst not satisfied by drinking is tied to Mg and or Zn issues……I’d suggest you add those in. The biggest issue is your water is not cold enough…….see to it your drinks are at 40 degrees and I bet when you start drinking cold water your thirst will go away. Why? Cold induces ADH a hormone in the posterior pituitary that controls water balance.
Another question, further down the comments: “What would caused increase thirst on the reset?” Answer:
…rewiring of the posterior hypothalamus.
Anyway, drinking colder water did the trick for me – after 3 or 4 days of guzzling excessive room-temperature water and not feeling satisfied. Hm…if I didn’t know better, I would think this guy knew what he was talking about.
- Sleep is still irregular. Last night I felt hyped up and couldn’t sleep until 11:30. I did manage to sleep through the night (well, until I had to get up at 5, anyway).
- Bad Cooking – I pretty much ruined an expensive grass-fed roast yesterday. I just don’t for the life of me know how to cook meat well…and I really need to learn if I’m going to be spending this much money on food. I tried to cook it in the crock pot – actually I’ve tried to cook the last 3 in the crock pot, with different settings/heats/durations – each time it comes out overdone and dry. Clearly I don’t know the strength of my own crock pot, nor do I understand the concept of time.
- Not losing weight, and aside from an initial improvement, my clothes aren’t getting loser.
- My mood is…well, meh. I have the longest-ever PMS going on right now. I even took a pregnancy test – it was negative. So, waiting…oh so patiently…for this to pass.
- Fasting blood sugar is all over the place – in the last 3 days it’s ranged from 99 to 128. Whatever, blood sugar.
I really just need to be patient.
I don’t wanna.
But really…what are my options?