OMG. I just tried Bulletproof Coffee.
Here’s the recipe, quoted from Dave Asprey’s site:
- Start with 500 ml (2 mugs) of black coffee brewed with mold-free beans (important)
- Add 2 Tbs (or more, I prefer 80 grams, about 2/3 of a standard stick of butter) of Kerry Gold or other UNSALTED grass-fed butter
- Add 30 grams of MCT oil for max energy, weight loss and brain function (optional if you have none)
- Blend with a pre-heated hand blender, Magic Bullet, or (best) counter top blender until there is a creamy head of foam
For other dumb Americans (like myself) who are easily confused by the metric system, here’s what I put into it:
- 2 mugs of black coffee (I ordered the mold-free beans but until I get them I’m just using whatever coffee is in my kitchen. Hard to believe this could actually get better.)
- 3 Tbs unsalted grass-fed butter
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
After drinking half of it I reblended the remainder with about a teaspoon of cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon of Truvia (erythritol). It was even more like a gourmet coffee drink with these added, but I probably won’t use them in the future, as I liked the regular recipe just as much.
How come the butter and oil don’t separate from the coffee?
It was delightful.