I’ve basically fallen completely off the paleo wagon the last few days. I have so many things on my mind, and I guess I didn’t realize how much organization and planning went into eating paleo until I didn’t have time to do it anymore. Plus, my parents had us over to say goodbye before we move 2000 miles away…and served a delicious VEGETARIAN dish for our bon voyage. Oh mom…have we met? I was STARVED for meat when I got home after being there for 2 days. I hope to get back on track today. I cooked several paleo dishes last night and put them in the fridge for this week.
BAB this morning was shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, and garlic cooked in olive oil, coconut milk and curry. It was awesome! Long live paleo!
So I thought it might be fun to make a list of all of the big changes going on in my life right now. These things are causing some stress, but honestly, every one of them would normally cause me a lot of stress and all together it’s so overwhelming that I feel kind of normal. Here they are:
- Leaving my job
- Starting a new job in a part of my profession I have little experience (working with kids)
- Leaving the Midwest, where I’ve always lived.
- Leaving my family.
- Leaving David’s family.
- Leaving the best friends I’ve ever had.
- Moving from a house to a 2-bedroom apartment with a 2-year old, 2 annoying cats, and a husband who eats taro chips very loudly.
- Sold my car a couple days ago.
- Bought another used car. The original plan was to buy a second car when we got there, but we found a great deal here and probably saved ourselves 2K. Now we have to arrange to get this car to Cali…probably a shipping service.
- Babykins going to be going to daycare for the first time.
- 4 days on the road coming up with a 2-year old and 2 annoying cats.
- Guilt. this is probably the most stressful part. Seeing sadness on people’s faces when I tell them I’m leaving. Saying goodbye to may aging parents. Taking my daughter from her cousins, aunts, and grandparents.
- Selling the last of our junk, getting rid of things that I’ve kept for years just because they were given to me by people I love.
- Today we’re giving most of Babykin’s toys to the local thrift shop. She won’t notice. Much. More guilt.
Yep…the guilt is the worst part.
Good news though…I didn’t have an emotional crash at the end of my cycle. The BHRT is helping for sure!