I don’t feel good taking T3. I’m debating whether or not to continue.
I haven’t been sleeping well – last night I was up from 2AM – 5:30AM. I feel depressed and irritable…and not just because I’m tired. I’ve been tired before and I don’t always feel like this. I feel like nothing can make me smile. I feel bad for the people living with me.
My motivation for everything is absent. I don’t have the energy to care.
I know it takes time to adjust, but I can’t feel like this for weeks or months.
I’m considering a REALLY big-picture change. But before I get into that, let’s look at the evidence. A month into starting this blog, I wrote down the physical ailments that I was interested in fixing. They are as follows, with current updates in Bold.
- High fasting and post-prandial blood sugar (the post-prandial is only high when I eat carbs. On my current diet only the fasting is high). Still a problem. Back then, my FBG was in the range of 115-120. Now? Same.
- Allergies (seasonal and pets) – I don’t have so many problems with allergies but I think that’s because I no longer have cats. They didn’t make the trip back from California. I tolerated those allergies for 15 years.
- Plantar fasciitis (pain in the soles of my feet when I first get out of bed or first stand after sitting for a while) – This is much better but I think it’s the lack of exercise and the switch to high-quality shoes over the last year.
- Excess body fat. My current BMI is 31.9. That puts me in the “obese” category. I have always thought the BMI scale was full of shit, but it’s certainly true that I’m overweight. My BMI is now around 34.8. Worse, obviously.
- PMS, including some pretty severe mood swings. – My period has gotten VERY inconsistent. My last cycle was over 10 weeks long, meaning I missed a period or two. I suppose there are various reasons for this, but my hormones were all very low before starting BHRT last summer. Now that I’ve quit the BHRT I guess they’ve returned to their low, peri-menopausal level. My moods have been ok in spite of this. I’m not sure why. At some point I’ll test again.
- Low sex drive. – Still. Worse, actually.
- High total cholesterol – Not better. A bit worse.
- Fatigue – My fatigue is largely gone. I think my adrenals healed since I’ve been able to go to part time work over the last 6 months. I don’t attribute this improvement to diet. The improvement correlated with rest and reduction of emotional stress. And maybe the reduction of exposure to allergens.
- Acne – Still, but less frequently. Correlates with my less-frequent periods.
So…almost 2 years on a moderate-high protein, high fat, animal-based diet has not helped much. Lifestyle changes (specifically stress removal) have helped.
New ailments to target:
- High Blood Pressure – This started about 9 months ago, and correlates with my 10% weight gain last year.
I’m not sure what’s going to happen or what I’m going to do. I’ll keep you apprised.