Today is Dairy Free – Day 5. Today just started so I’m actually only reporting on the first 4 days. Without dairy, here’s what’s going on with me:
- My appetite has dropped – I can now go 4-5 hours without eating.
- My blood sugar has dropped a bit. Fasting is still 140s, 2-hour post-prandial is around 120.
- I’ve lost 0.4 pounds, and then stabilized again. Now at 206.6. Hasn’t moved for 3 days.
- I’m feeling the restriction of food options, big time. I seriously need to find ways to eat more vegetables that are palatable for me. Anyone have any good recipes?
- I’m concerned I’m eating too much meat. You know, that whole high-phosphorous thing Ray Peat was always talking about. Considering calcium supplementation.
- Mood is very good overall.
- Energy good.
- Sleep is ok. Last couple nights I’ve tossed and turned a bit.
But get this…
My husband didn’t know I stopped eating dairy – it’s been a year or more since I kept him in the loop of all of my diet changes. Yesterday he said to me, “You know, your snoring has improved a lot the last 3 or 4 nights.”
First of all, super embarrassing to be reporting on here that I snore. But whatever.
But apparently there has been a marked change – an improvement – in said snoring since I stopped eating dairy.