- Currently sticking to a diet that I’m completely sick of that includes eggs, meat, broth, some well-cooked vegetables, orange juice, and chocolate. I probably shouldn’t be eating the chocolate but it’s the only source of pleasure in my current diet, so there it is. Also, I don’t feel good eating no carbohydrates and orange juice gets really old. I have to stay within these boundaries or I become depressed. No serotonin drops to rescue me anymore. I’m taking colostrum again, in the hopes of helping to tolerate a greater variety of foods. It helped before but I quit because of the expense. I don’t care about the expense anymore.
- Despite my highly restrictive and generally low-carb diet, my weight is near my all-time high and I’m having trouble losing the excess. My hunger throughout the day remains high.
- My blood sugar is in a shitty state of affairs. Fasting blood sugar is in the range of 145-165 these days. A graph for your perusal:
- Things started trending up in the blood sugar department at the end of September. Numerous things occurred during or around this time – I started taking CoQ10, I started taking a longer trial of hydrocortisone, I continued eating carbohydrates (though this was started in June), I learned about Tapping (which stirred up some emotional crap), my marriage became rocky again…lots o crap. I’ve since quit hydrocortisone.
- I’ve been experimenting with thyroid (Armour) a little, and also with iodine a little. I can tolerate a little thyroid at a time, but without the hydrocortisone I can’t take much without lots of adrenaline symptoms.
- Found that Tapping isn’t the answer for weight loss (for me) because my problems are about 10% emotional eating and 90% high and insatiable hunger.
- Fatigue has been high and exercise makes it worse. I try and I quit over and over again. One day I clocked 10,000 steps and was in a lot of pain afterwards throughout my pelvis and legs. I need to address the fatigue and inability to make energy before I can hope to be successful with exercise. I do continue to walk short distances daily but it doesn’t add up to much.
- Going to see my functional medicine doc on Friday 12/16. I can’t wait. I hope he has ideas. I’m hoping he’ll run some labs for me – maybe a thyroid panel, hs-CRP…
I don’t know. I’m feeling hopeless. I’m not giving up but I’m not sure what to do.