Here I am on Starch Solution, day 21, and I have some updates.
- My blood sugar was 83 this morning. The highest it got before this was 197, so that’s over a 110 mg/dL drop.
- Blood pressure still a bit high, despite 2 medications. I recall seeing on some documentary that the blood pressure gets high due to endothelial damage that interferes with nitrous oxide production, resulting in more rigid, inflexible veins. Given that there’s tissue damage involved I would assume it’ll take longer to reverse this. I hope it can be reversed because I’m tired of these meds.
- It occurred to me that I’m putting myself at risk of gallstones by eating so little fat, so I bought some raw pumpkin seeds – a good source of nutrients, they say! Ate a tablespoon of them yesterday morning and felt sick all day. Mmmm…oxidized rancid polyunsaturated oils. Excellent. Threw the bag away and will not be trying that again. Need to find a way to slightly increase fat intake – up to, say, 20g/day – without exposing myself to all the PUFA. I guess coconut oil on vegetables or something.
- Trying to get more potassium in the diet I bought a can of hearts of palm. Tasted ok but my tongue swelled. Done with those too.
- Did I mention my fasting blood sugar was down to 83? Weight is also down about 5 pounds.