Hm….It seems it’s been a week since I’ve written anything!
Time for an update post. This will be disjointed and possibly rambling. I just haven’t been struck by the literary genius lately.
- Depression is still gone. Yay for garlic! If I wouldn’t have been screwing around with starches (a la the Perfect Health Diet and the Resistant Starch craze) I wouldn’t have needed it. But I did. So I did.
- I’ve eliminated starches again…not because I have to but because I want to. It’s time for me to get serious! I can’t be dilly dallying around any more! Ray Peat says starches aren’t optimal food, so I’m done with them for a while. Plus someone on the internet told me he fixed his high triglycerides by eliminating starches…and I believe everything I read on the internet. So I’m in!
- I’ve increased my magnesium supplementation from 200mg/day to 600mg/day in the last few days. My blood pressure has dropped 10 points. I’m going to keep increasing and see if it improves further. I figure I’ll get up to 1g a day, and if things aren’t better I’ll drop back to where I am now. Blood pressure today was 138/88. Yesterday it was 132/76. Crazy low for me! I took it 3 times to make sure it was right. By the way, I stopped taking my blood pressure medication 5 days ago. I’m done with it.
- Still taking niacinamide and aspirin 3 times a day. I find it very relaxing. My pulse dropped into the 70s from the 80s when I started that. I attribute that to reduced stress hormones (thanks, niacinamide).
- I’ve had some real culinary FAILS lately. I tried making liver pate using beef liver. So awful. I tried making pancakes out of 1 banana and 2 eggs…cuz I saw it on the internet. It tasted like a flat hot banana.
- A culinary WIN today. This video:
I never liked fruit much (and perhaps this contributed to my current state of poor health). But through sheer will and determination I’ve found a few items I can tolerate. Watermelon is one of them. I actually really like it. OJ also….excellent. Grapes can be good too. The rest of them…ok in a smoothie, and that’s about it.
- Another culinary WIN, learned today. I figured out how to eat liver without gagging. For a while there I was eating it raw. Sounds gross, but actually much easier for me than chewing it cooked. It was the perfect way to avoid both the taste and the texture of liver. Then I learned that there are some pathogens (e. coli, for example) that can survive being frozen, so I stopped eating it raw. The last couple of weeks I’ve just choked it down. But today I decided to eat it with pickles. Crunchy, strong-tasting Vlassic dill pickles. Every bite of liver has a pickle companion. Like this:
The pickle completely kicks the liver’s ass! The crunch and sharp pickle taste overpowers the liver’s ick! I’m not afraid of you anymore, Liver!
Hm….what else…I guess that’s about it. No starches, yes fruit and honey. Yes magnesium. Yes pickles and liver. I guess that about covers it.
Till next time!